CAMOGIE - TRANSFER POLICY
BALLINASCARTHY CAMOGIE CLUB
A player who wishes to transfer to another club must:
v Fully complete Section A of Transfer Form CC4 – 2 copies required. These may be accessed from www.camogie.ie/forms-&-documents.asp
v Specify the reasons for her request
v POST the CC4 forms to her Club Secretary
The Club Secretary will inform all officers and relevant trainers of the player’s transfer request. If there is not unanimous agreement, the player will be notified and the matter may be brought before the club committee.
The player (if under 18 years, must be accompanied by a parent/guardian) will be invited to attend the next club committee meeting. They may bring a friend if they wish. There, the club may state whether or not the transfer forms should be signed and the reason/s for same. The player and/or parent/friend may address the meeting to put their case across outlining their reason/s for the transfer.
The player and/or parent/friend will then leave the meeting room momentarily while the committee discuss further and take a written & anonymous vote on whether or not to sign the transfer forms.
The player and/or parent/friend will return to the meeting and be informed of the club’s decision. If the club decide to sign the forms, it will be done there and then, in duplicate.
It is the duty of the secretary to post the forms to the Senior Camogie County Board Secretary -failure to do this may result in a transfer being refused. 31st January is the strict deadline for receipt of forms by Cork Camogie County Board.
The club must sign the transfer form if:
- a player wishes to transfer to a newly established camogie club in the locality where she is ordinarily resident;
- the player or player’s immediate family or guardian are ordinarily resident within the area of the club to which she wishes to be transferred;
- it has insufficient numbers for a team in the player’s agegroup;
The club is under no obligation to sign the transfer forms if:
- there is objective evidence that a player has been approached by the club she wishes to transfer to;
- it is adjudged that the receiving club has sufficient playing members;
- it is adjudged that it will be negatively affected by her transfer;
- it is adjudged that the transfer would not be in the best interests of camogie.